1.06.2009

In answer to poor clow's request

Yes, I'm typing this up more than a month late. I have, quite honestly, been at a loss as to what I can possibly say that would be of any interest to anybody. But, alas, fandom is a very powerful force.

I'm not entirely
sure when I started being a follower of anime. I do recall going home certain to watch Cardcaptor Sakura and Magic Knight Rayearth in third grade.





Those are two possibilities - it rather frightens me to think that shows such as Sky Dancers and He-Man could play the part. I remember being infatuated by the graceful, stoic, silver-haired Yue. I also wanted to take away the equally, if not more serious, dark character that was Lantis away from Hikaru.



















There is also Yu
Yu Hakusho, which I watched some time before that (although under the name Ghost Fighter). I seem to always have had a special quiet character in mind so Kurama was the one in this. I think the world understands why. Foxes are adorable :D


Those could form my top three. I was watching them in Filipino. I was basically a child then and was not aware enough to be as horrified as I am now of local dubbing. I also got well into Fushigi Yuugi very soon after. Anime stations started popping up, you see. Addiction ensued.

I am now a greater, far more frightening fangirl than I was then. I was more a religious watcher who followed everyday episodes than a rabid fan then. In this world where I am now capable of DVD marathons from sunset to sunrise (and yes, I did not get the order wrong), may the world beware!

No comments:

Post a Comment